7 steps to Whiter Teeth
- Brush 2 or 3 times a day, ideally with an electric tooth brush to remove plaque, tarter and stains.
- Stop smoking. It’s bad for your gums, and leaves tar deposits on teeth.
- Flossing can help to reduce the staining in between the teeth to make your teeth look whiter.
- Professional tooth whitening. Visit your dentist for advice on which tooth whitening system is right for you.
- Chewing sugar free gum has been shown to reduce the stains on teeth and strengthen the enamel.
- Avoid tea, coffee and red wine. They may taste nice, but unfortunately they won’t help you get a whiter smile.
- Regular hygiene visits. Your hygienist can clean and polish away stains, and advise you on the best whitening products to give you a beaming smile.